Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Good for You!

Randy walked into my office to tell me he was being transferred to the corporate headquarters.


“You’re the boss,” I whined. “They can’t do that.”


Randy said, “I was the boss before the merger. Now I’m an administrator.”


Abigail died, Talmadge moved, and now Randy was being transferred. I wasn’t happy about it.


“You sure you want to go? Can you turn them down?”


“I’m getting a company car, the option of working from home three days a week, and a 50% raise over what I pay myself now.”


“Wow. Who could turn that down?”


After Randy left, I still felt a little selfish sadness, but I said to DD the Bunny, “Got to be happy for Randy. He deserves it.”


That afternoon I found the more I focused on Randy’s good fortune, the happier I was.


 

Today I’ll try to be happy for someone else.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment