Friday, September 16, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Open Your Eyes

A month later The Preacher was released from jail.  When I had talked to him in jail, I had thought he was a changed man.  At the next AA meeting I discovered I was wrong.


He agreed he should have been paying child support, but went on and on about how much, and why he didn’t deserve to go to jail.


“He hasn’t learned his lesson, has he?” Epiphany asked, knowing the answer.


“Not really,” Margaret The Newbie said. “For about a minute he seemed to get it, but now that he’s out of jail…”


I finished her thought, “…he’s forgotten whatever lesson he learned.”


There had been times in my life when I hadn’t seen what life was trying to teach me. It took me years to realize I wasn’t a social drinker.


Other times I had opened my eyes, seeing what I needed to know going forward. (Never ever imply the pregnant woman’s anger is more due to her hormones than your behavior.)  Life got better with each lesson learned.

 

Today I’ll open my eyes to whatever life is trying to teach me.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

No comments:

Post a Comment