Thursday, September 15, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Managing Imagination

I told the man our door was always open and wished him well.


As I stroked DD the Bunny, I thought about how the rewards of recovery played out for me.


I said, “When I first started drinking I couldn’t have imagined how unmanageable life would become.  My first year of sobriety was manageable, but not easy.”


DD scratched his nose with his paw, his signal for me to go on.


“Now my life is better than I imagined it could be.  From unimaginably unmanageable, to manageable, to better than I imagined – gotta keep doing the things that got me here.”


 

Today I’ll do the things that changed my life from unimaginably unmanageable to manageable to better than I had imagined.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment