Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Bring It

The speaker that night was the most upbeat person I’d ever heard at an AA meeting.  Her name was Elaine and she’d had a terrible childhood, married an idiot, and survived a car crash.

“Surviving the wreck started the ball rolling,” she said. “I got rid of the booze and the drooling moron I married.  As much as I could, I let go of the past.”

She went on to say she made it a point to enjoy every minute of every day.  She tried to share that enthusiasm with as many people as she could.

“People seem so down,” she said. “They’re glued to bad news streaming on their phones and TVs.  I got sober for me, but I love to bring a little bit of energy, a little bit of fun into other people’s lives.”

 

Today I’ll try to bring a little fun and enthusiasm to the world.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment