Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Strength and Wisdom

“My brother’s in recovery,” the young man said.  “He went through here. You gave him a poster.”

“Which one?” I asked.

“The one with the muscular guy holding the little boy.”

I nodded, and quoted the poster. “It takes true strength to put some things down, and wisdom to know what to pick up instead.”

“My brother has a little boy named Michael. He put down the bottle and picked up Michael.  I think that’s why he loves that poster.”

“Other than alcohol, what do you need to put down?” I asked.

The young man thought for a moment, looked both ways, sighed and said, “I’m angry with my dad for getting sick now, while I’m tryin’ to get sober.”

“What do you want to pick up instead?’

“Enjoying whatever time I get to spend with him.”

 

Today I hope for the strength put something down, wisdom in what I pick up instead.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment