Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Bad, Good, Great

Dana handed me Baby Kara.  “Gotta get some charting done.”


I rubbed noses with Kara. She smiled, made a little gurgling noise, and threw up on me. Again.


“Oh no,” her mother said. Katy laughed and added, “I swear she’s allergic to you.”


Later that day Baby Kara slept on my shoulder while Katy was in a meeting.  I looked at the nasty stain on my right shoulder and her innocent face on my left.


“Kid, you gotta take the bad with the good,” I said. Kara turned her head away.


I smiled. “Like it or not, in relationships, work, business, and especially recovery, you have to take the bad with the good, put in the work to get the reward.”


Kara turned her head back around, opened her eyes, and smiled.  My heart melted.


“But if you get past the bad, the good can be great.”

 


Today I’ll take the bad to get to the great.



Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment