Thursday, September 29, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Party like you’re 99!” 

(The Artist Formerly Known as Prince, sort of)

Dana poked her head in my office.

“Happy Sober anniversary,” she said. “What is this one, 65? 70? Guy as old as you must have a lot of years.”

“God willing I’ll have 34 years on Sunday,” I said.

“How will you celebrate?”

“Take a long weekend, ride my bike, have dinner with my family, maybe catch a movie.”

“That’s it? What did you do on the big ones, like when you hit thirty years?”

“Rode my bike, had dinner with my family, caught a movie.”

Dana gave me a disapproving look. 

“I celebrate my life a little each day. Don’t feel the need to go overboard on my anniversary.”

 

I’ll celebrate life at least a little today, and in the days to follow.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

•                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment