Thursday, September 1, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Time Out

Two weeks later we said goodbye to Talmadge.


“What would Stanley say?” I asked as we stood outside the church after our meeting.


Talmadge snorted. “He’d call me a chocolate marshmallow, say I was safe from the alligators ‘cause they don’t eat anything as bitter as me, and my wife was going to miss him.”


 “That’s it exactly.”


We laughed. Sadness and gratitude washed over me. 


The time we spend with people is always limited, the best we can do is spend it wisely and be grateful we had it.


“Gotta remind ourselves relationships are time-limited, and make the most of that time,” I muttered.


Talmadge laughed again. “Not gonna miss you talking to yourself.”

 

Today I’ll remember relationships are time limited.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment