Wednesday, August 17, 2016

19. Experience to Event
Felix said, “I have to quit but I keep thinking I'm gonna miss a lot of experiences."

"Yesterday I pulled a shirt from the drawer, thinking all the others represented upcoming days full of potential," I said.    "I smelled the shirt,  grateful I’d gotten past the days when I'd wear the least filthy  thing from a pile on the floor.   I pulled it over shoulders just sore enough from a good workout.  I thought about a woman I’d seen on TV, born with no arms who'd learned to dress herself with her feet.  Reminded me that sometimes doing the impossible takes persistence.  I really savored the softness of the cotton.  Pulling the shirt down over my waist, I laughed a little, thinking I was remarkably well-fed."

"You got all that from a shirt?" Felix asked, laughing.

"Slow down, throw in a little gratitude, and most experiences can become events."

Today I will turn an experience into an event.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment