Tuesday, August 16, 2016

18. Paved Roads
The next morning I met Margaret's friend.  His name was Felix. He loved his name, and just about everything else.  He'd been more places and done more things in his twenty-four years than many people three times his age.  That included most of the drugs I'd heard of, and some I thought might be just a figment of his vivid imagination.

"Do you know the expression 'paving the way'?" he asked me.  "The roads you create don't just go from point a to point b.  They open up whole new territories.  Eating OxyContins paved the way to heroin, retail theft, Hep C, and the felonies that got me to quit.  Recovery is opening up some new places for me."

Today I will be careful which way I'm paving. 


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment