Tuesday, August 2, 2016

8. Doing the Right #@$% Thing
The next day I walked past Roy on my way into the building.  He was yelling into his cell phone.  Later I saw him standing outside the closed door to the group room. I told him he didn't have to knock, he could just walk in.

 He cursed and said, "My lawyer says the judge will send me to jail if I don't go to treatment. My wife's says she'll leave me.  My fourteen year old daughter promised she'd never speak to me again, never, ever.  So I guess I'm going in."

"Ain't it great when life forces you to do the right thing?" I asked.

"Just #@$% dandy," he muttered as he opened the door.

Today I'll try to be grateful if I'm forced to do the right thing.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment