Tuesday, August 9, 2016

13. Jack’s Interpretation
On Monday I met Howard, a tall, middle-aged white guy wearing cowboy boots and a John Deere hat.   He told me he wouldn’t miss having Jack Daniels mess with his hearing. I told him I didn’t follow.
Howard explained, “A gal says to me, ‘You make my skin crawl,’ and Jack Daniels tells me she said, ‘You give me goose bumps.’  She says, ‘I’ll only meet you in a public place,’ and I  hear ‘I want to be seen with you.’”
“What if she said, ‘I’m getting the bouncer’?” I asked.
“Thanks to Jack I’d hear her say ‘I can’t control myself around you, you dancin’ fool’.”
“’I’m calling the cops’?”
Howard laughed, “Jack translated that to ‘she’s into handcuffs.’ That’s how I wound up in jail. She did call ‘em.  Life is much easier really listening to what people actually say.”

Today I’ll really listen to people.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment