Tuesday, August 30, 2016

28. One Unique Day at a Time
"How long you been sober?" Howard asked me.

"Today and a bunch days before that," I said. He stared at me. "Okay, almost twenty-eight years."

"That's so many days.  When I hear 'one day at a time' I cringe. My days haven't been a picnic since I got sober."

"Not all days will be like today," I said.  "Days will mostly likely get better.  Because you're not numb, a few days will be more painful, but you'll get better.  Rather than think about a long line of days like today, change the slogan to 'each unique day at a time.'"

I will live each unique day one day at a time.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment