Wednesday, August 3, 2016

9. Twice as Bad, Ten Times Better

After group I asked Roy, “Whaddya think?”

“I think I should have gone to jail instead,” he said.  He paused and added, “You know why I’m so miserable?  ‘Cause I make no sense.  I got ulcers and headaches, and drinking makes both of ‘em worse. I got a sweet wife and a great kid, and I want ‘em to be happy, but I want a drink more. All I gotta do to stay outa jail is sit in them groups and be quiet.  The whole time I was in there I wanted to shout ‘shut the @#$% up and get me a beer!'  Maybe I shoulda gone to jail.  This is worse.”

“No,” I said, “Sometimes things get twice as bad before they get ten times better. Cliché, but true.”

Today I will remember things often have to get twice as bad before they get ten times better.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment