Monday, August 8, 2016

12. Adapt or Die
The next day was Saturday.  I sat on my deck, looking for something to write about.  Overhead, a hawk circled, riding the thermals, barely moving his giant wings, looking for prey.  Nearby a tiny hummingbird flitted from flower to flower, his tiny wings beating furiously. I marveled at how differently they’d adapted to their environments.

Likewise, I'd met happy people in recovery who'd adapted in different ways.  I also  saw people who quit drinking, but never adapted to their new lives.  Most were miserable, some relapsed, many insisted newcomers recover exactly as they had.

Today I will adapt to life without insisting others do so exactly as I did.  


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment