Sunday, August 21, 2016

21. Everyday Insanity
"They're mixing heroin with elephant tranqilizer," Felix said, his smile fading. "I know it's insane, but I know why my friends want to try it. It's what we addicts do. I think it's some  special power the opiates have to make us crazy."

"It's not just the opiates," I said. "Researchers estimate most people drive drunk 80 times before getting caught.  They drive drunk so often they start thinking it's normal.  Some  only see the insanity when they hit something, or the judge opens their eyes for them."

"It's like knowing your relationship is crazy, but not seeing just how crazy until you break up, because you kinda got used to the insanity."  He laughed and added, "And then you realize you contributed more than your fair share to the craziness."

Today I will  beware of insanity that has become ordinary.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment