Monday, August 22, 2016

22. Setting My Troubles Aside
That night I went to an AA meeting.  An old man sat an oxygen cylinder on the table next to me before settling into a chair.  He graced me with a smile, asked about my wife and kids, and how the writng was going.

"How are you holding up?" I asked, forgetting his rule.

"Ken! When the tank is on the table, we don't talk about our problems," Mike said. "No cancer, no arthritis, no headaches, and no talking about the people we miss."

I liked the way he set his troubles aside, not ignoring them, and not drowning them either.

Today I will set my troubles aside, at least for a little while. 

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment