Thursday, August 18, 2016

20. Changing Thoughts, Thinking, Behavior, Feelings
Felix sighed.  “I still think like an addict. When you said your shoulders were sore, I thought you should’ve eaten a Percocet.”

I said, “You can change you’re thinking one thought at a time.  You may have to change the same thought over and over before you change your thinking, so don’t give up.”

“I know a guy,” Felix said, “whose girlfriend dumped him after eight years.  He kept telling himself he’d get over the empty feeling, but he never did.  He got arrested for stalking her two years later.”

“You have to change your behavior too. If your friend tells himself he’s fine without her while he’s lurking outside her house, he’s not likely to believe the new thought. Change the thought, change the behavior, and the feeling will change.”

If I want to change a feeling today, I will change my thinking and my behavior.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment