Sunday, August 14, 2016

16. Carrying the Weight
Brat Boy and I went to the YMCA the next day.  He asked me about a man carrying heavy dumbbells back and forth across the gym.  I said, "It's called the farmer's walk.  It works a lot of muscles."

"You get stronger just hauling the weight around?" he asked.

"Hauling the weight, carrying the burden, trudging the path, they make us stronger every day."

"How about listening to your father's life lessons day after day?  That's gotta make you stronger," Brat Boy said rolling his eyes and laughing.

"That'll just make you smarter, " I said, laughing too. "Walking home from the gym would make you stronger."

Today I will remember carrying my burden makes me stronger.


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment