Wednesday, August 10, 2016

14. Clearly, In This Moment
When I got home, the little girl who had loved to sleep on my chest was packing for college. The boy who had said “I’ve got you right where I want you” as I held him upside by his ankles was staring into the refrigerator.  He towered over his mother and might soon look down on me.  

Seen backward, life was a blur. Blondie and Brat Boy had been babies the day before. Looking forward, the view was also unclear, with no way to know what the future held.  All I could see clearly was that moment, and I seized it.

“Let’s order Chinese and watch a movie,” I said.  As we laughed through a horrible picture,  I was overwhelmed with gratitude for a moment with loved ones.

Today I will be grateful for any moment with loved ones.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment