Wednesday, August 24, 2016

24. Love You to Death
“Your girlfriend’s here,” I said to Street Sign.  He turned to see a woman in her eighties make her way slowly to our table.  Sarah sat down next to Street Sign.  I noticed her hands were shaking. She told us her son had wrecked another car.  Sarah had been riding in the car.

“What should I do about him?” she asked.

“He’s forty-eight years old,” I said. “It’s time to kick him to the curb.”

“I can’t throw him out,” she said. “I just love that boy to death.”

“His death?” Street Sign asked.  “Or yours?”

Today I will beware: sometimes we love people to death – our own.

Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment