Thursday, August 17, 2017

102. A Special Kind of Weird
The next day Morgan stopped in my office. “Do you know what I’m learning from NA and my recovering nurses program?” she asked. “The larger the group, the more likely you’ll find someone with your kind of weirdness. And finding someone as weird as you is wonderful.”
“What kind of weird are we talking about?” I asked.  
“Staying clean is weird in this neck of the woods. It’s good to have sober friends. Then there’s three of us who call ourselves ‘the lemonade stand.’ Know why?”
“I couldn’t guess,” I said.
“Life has given us lemons for husbands. We fantasize about making lemonade, sorta. Shrinking them down to the size of lemons and running them through a blender. Or renting a wood chipper … you get the picture.”
“I’m glad you found kindred spirits but the blender thing is more than a little weird,” I said, shaking my head, but smiling.
“This from the strange man who talks to himself all day long.”
Today I’ll be grateful for people who share my kind of weird.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment