Monday, August 28, 2017

109. Take What You Own and Leave the Rest

Morgan stopped by to tell me she was leaving day treatment, but would still be coming to the recovering nurses program. Her phone chirped.
“My silly ass husband texting me again about how lonely he is,” she said rolling her eyes and turning her phone upside down on my desk.  “He’s trying to make me feel guilty for breaking up our happy home.  He says my son needs a father, I took a vow, he stuck by me when I was abusing pills, and on and on.”
“Are you feeling guilty?” I asked.
Morgan snorted. “I’ve owned my part. I feel bad about stealing pills. Not gonna accept the rest. We didn’t have a happy home, he cheated on me, and we took the same vows. He’s not a good father.  My husband loved when I was abusing opioids. Made him feel superior.”
“He’s trying to use guilt and your recovery against you,” I said. “Glad to see you’re not buying it.”
Today I will own my part and let the rest go.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of firction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment