Monday, August 21, 2017

104. Growing Up
Morgan sighed. “I thought he was really something when we met.  Maybe I didn’t think much of me. Then I got my nursing license and a good job. Now I feel bad for him.  He really is a little boy.”
I handed her a box of tissues.  She wiped her eyes, tilted her head to the side and tried to smile. The Other Ken walked by and Morgan stood up slowly.  “Time for group,” she said.
I thought Morgan had grown a lot in the time I’d known her.  The trouble with growing is you outgrow people, especially if they’re smaller minded, with less heart, and not as much spirit. For all his efforts at self-improvement, Morgan’s husband had remained small and self-centered. She had outgrown him, and it broke her heart. 
On the other hand, if she hadn’t grown, she most likely would have relapsed. Hard to be happy when you know you’re less than you could be.
Today I will continue to grow.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment