Tuesday, August 29, 2017

110. Don’t Know Your Own Strength
“You know who’s stronger than people think?” Morgan asked. “Jameston.”
“How so?” I asked.
“I thought he needed complete control or he’d melt down. Then he does right by his son, even though it tears him apart to let go. He doesn’t overreact to his wife cheating. Accepts complete responsibility for his wreck. And now, he’s developing a sense of humor about his ALS. That’s strength.”
“Jameston - a sense of humor?”
“I’m telling you Ken, he had me laughing about his situation. I’d wallow in self-pity if I had his problems. He doesn’t even seem worried.  That’s strength.”
“You’re dealing with a lot,” I said. “Maybe you too are stronger than you think.” Maybe I am too, I thought. Most people who struggle find a strength they didn’t know they had.
Today I won’t worry, knowing I’m stronger than I know.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment