Tuesday, August 8, 2017

94. Exit Stage Left
“Putting drugs aside,” Morgan said to me, “What do you think is the worst addiction?”
“I don’t know,” I said. “Food maybe. You gotta eat. Gambling. Sexual addictions cause people a lot of pain.”
“For my money it’s drama.  My husband is addicted to drama. He’s always in crisis. Every other post on Facebook starts with a complaint about someone he never names.  He gossips constantly. Never misses a chance to be offended. Cries about things that have nothing to do with him.”
Quinn said, “I gotta agree with Morgan. Drama addicts are like drunk drivers. You can have everything under control, minding your own business, staying in your lane, when they run into you.  Throw your life into an uproar.”
“You’ve got a point,” I said to both of them, realizing how lucky I was not to have much drama in my life.
Today I will be grateful not to be around drama.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment