Sunday, August 20, 2017

103. A Cult of One
“I feel bad for the guys in our group,” Morgan said.  “They want to rescue Austin’s brother from the cult, but easier said than done.”
“Have you known anyone in a cult?” I asked.
“My husband’s a cult of a one. He’s completely self-involved, believes he’s always right and has insight nobody else has.  Rules don’t really apply to him. He’s endlessly involved in self-improvement and making money. Does to himself what cult leaders do to their followers. When his plans don’t work out, he punishes himself.  Works like a dog, meditates for hours, goes without sleep, crazy diets, killer workouts.”
“Have you tried to get him help?” I asked.
“He says he’s just doing what I’m doing, trying to get better.  We’re different. He wants to change overnight, make a ton of money, and doesn’t value any opinion but his own. He’s his own cult.  I’m trying to get better one day at a time, and keep a roof over our heads.  I’ll take whatever advice I can get. I’m not a cult of one.”  
Today I won’t treat myself like a cult of one.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment