Wednesday, August 2, 2017

90. HALT
By that time it was almost 10:00. I started to get my laptop out, when Brat Boy said, “Past your bedtime, old man.”
I started to argue, but realized I really was tired.  The AA slogan HALT crossed my mind. They said if you didn’t want to do something stupid, like relapse, don’t let yourself get too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired – HALT.  As much as I hated to admit it, Brat Boy was right.  I put my laptop away and went to bed.

Today I will remember to HALT before I do something stupid.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment