Sunday, August 27, 2017

108. Holton Hears a Who
After group the next day I heard The Other Ken talking with Holton about his change of heart. He’d decided he was an alcoholic, and had to stop drinking. The Other Ken asked him what had convinced him.
“I heard the who,” Holton said.
“The band ‘The Who’?” The Other Ken asked.
“No, our baby’s heartbeat.  That’s what we’re calling the baby until he or she’s born. I kept thinking I heard the whole next generation’s heartbeats listening to the who.   I started seeing people with babies getting into cars.  How many times had I been drunk, sharing the road with them? I started really hearing all the kids around me. The who isn’t really just our baby, it’s all of them. I’m telling you Ken, you start listening to the who and your life changes. You realize you owe something to the next generation.”
Today I will listen to the who.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of firction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment