Wednesday, April 24, 2019


Annoying Friends
To my surprise, Cara seemed sober.  She was back to ranting about how unfairly she had been treated by the legal system, but she didn’t smell like booze. She was steady on her feet.

Cara said, “My lawyer thinks I’ll be put on house arrest, but he…”

I hugged her.  For all her faults, she was still my friend.  I liked her in small doses, but I liked her just the same.

“I’m glad you’re back,” I said.

Today I’ll be grateful for friends, even if they annoy me.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment