Wednesday, April 3, 2019

More Issues Than a Newsstand
“Why do you think you have trouble making decisions?” I asked the speaker.

“My parents never fought with each other, they just took their anger out on me,” he said. “No decision I ever made was the right choice.  No matter what I accomplished, I should have done better.”

“Did you know growing up they were putting their anger onto you?”

“No. I know it now.  Today when I have to make a decision I take a deep breath, remember that any anxiety I feel comes from my parents’ insanity, and decide.”

“What happened with you and your folks?”

“They divorced ten years after I left home.  They blamed it on the stress I caused them with my career choices. Hate to admit it, but I see them as little as possible.”

“At least you keep their issues at arm’s length,” I said, feeling a little sad for him.

Today I will not accept other people’s issues.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment