Monday, April 1, 2019

ODAAT
We got in line to thank the speaker. Sue stood in front of us.

Roger said, “Hi Sue.” He smiled.

“Go ahead, Roger,” Sue said. “Say I’ve got that pregnant glow. I dare you.”

I laughed. Sue glared at me. “And you, Mr. Thinks He’s Clever Writer Man, give me one piece of advice and I’ll cut you. I swear I will.”

Sue went on to describe in graphic detail what she wasn’t enjoying about being pregnant.  When she was done, she laughed and said, “I’m so ready to deliver. I’ll get through this, one day at a time.  You know what I’m grateful for?”

I was afraid to answer. I shook my head.

“There’s an end date in sight. It’s hard to live one day at a time when you don’t know how many days that might be.”

I started to offer advice on living one day at time, but decided I didn’t want to get cut.

Today I’ll live one day at a time, with or without an end date in sight.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment