Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Stirred, Not Shaken
The next day I went to my workbench. I didn’t have a lot of woodworking tools, but I gathered up what I had. I filled a large plastic bin with a square, some sanding blocks, a couple chisels, two hand saws, a miter saw, wood glue, and boxes of wood screws.

Brat Boy pulled into the garage.  I told him about the fire. “I’m giving this stuff to Trevor to help him start over.”

He grabbed another bin and filled it with leftover paints, stains, and varnishes from a shelf next to the workbench.

“I wonder if some of that stuff is still good,” I said. I pointed to a can of stain. “That’s gotta be fifteen years old.”

Brat Boy held up the can. “Stir it up and it’ll probably still be good.”

Brat Boy was talking about the stain, but I liked what he said. Sometimes you have to stir up things for them to be good again. Sometimes you have to address problems it would be easier to ignore. Sometimes you have to reach out to fix a broken relationship.

Today I may have to stir things up.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment