Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Learner’s Permit
A few days after The Strip Club burned, we learned the fire started in an electrical outlet. Trevor had done much of the wiring himself.  Because he hadn’t hired a qualified electrician, the insurance company wasn’t going to pay for most of the damage.

“I guess this time you’ll have a professional do the wiring,” Roger said.

Trevor looked at his shoes.  “I know I should, but money is going to be tight.” He pointed to a shed. “I may have to work from there and wire it myself.”

I stared at him. He stared back. I stared some more. Finally, he said, “What? It’s a smaller job, and I know what I did wrong.”

Today I will learn from people who never learn from their mistakes.


Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment