Monday, April 8, 2019

On The Road Again
Roger called 911 and gave them Cara’s license plate number and a description of her car.  We shook hands and went our separate ways.

I had no doubt Cara wasn’t the only one driving drunk that night.  Other people behind the wheel were likely under the influence of opiates, prescribed and otherwise.  Drivers texting, not paying attention, or driving tired, shared the road with me.

I thought how I’d likely go the rest of my life without being in another accident. Or, another car might hit me that night.

When I got home, I hugged Blondie and Brat Boy, and kissed Dr. Deb, grateful to see them again.

Today I’ll be grateful for getting where I’m going.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment