Tuesday, April 23, 2019


Bounce
That night I went to Trevor’s garage to help him set up his new shop.  I expected him to be a little down, but he was happy to be starting over. His ex-wife stopped by drop off some tools he’d left at their house when they divorced.

“Trevor could always bounce back from a disaster,” she told me. “He would create impossible problems for himself with his drinking, and then find a way to dig out."

“Looks like he’s doing it again,” I said.

She smiled and pointed to the electrician wiring an outlet. “This time’s different. He’s letting a professional help him. That’s not bouncing back, that’s bouncing forward.”

Cara pulled up in her Mercedes. Rather than park two cars back on the street, she drove onto the lawn.  I was fairly certain she had lost her license. Cara had bounced right back to where she had been.
If I fall today, I will try to bounce forward, not back.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment