Monday, April 29, 2019


Shed Warming Party
My phone rang. Cara. I almost didn’t answer.

“We’re having a shed-warming party for Trevor,” she said as I was saying hello. “Your job is to help him register at the hardware store.”

“You mean like a house-warming party for a shed?” I asked, trying to be certain I understood the plan. I wondered if hardware stores had gift registries.

Going to prison terrified Cara. For the first time in a long time, she faced a problem money might not fix. If I were in her shoes, I doubted I’d be planning a party.  I doubted I could plan one while hiding under my bed, or fleeing to Mexico. 

I admired people who moved forward despite their fears. Not letting fear rule them enabled people to get clean and sober, end bad relationships, and start new jobs. 

Today I will move forward despite my fears.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment