Tuesday, April 2, 2019

It’s Not You, It’s Me
I was last in line to thank the speaker.

“You must be glad you’re out of politics,” I said. “No more big decisions to drink over.”

“I thought politics made me drink,” he said.  “Looking back I see I always struggled to make decisions.”

 “Big decisions and little ones?”

“Both. It takes me forever to order in a restaurant. I was engaged to one woman, broke that off and got engaged to her friend. I broke that engagement and married the first one.  Her friend contributed $10,000 to my opponent when I ran for Congress.”

He took a sip of his coffee.

“I’d always thought the problem was the decision. Now I know most of the problem was the decision-maker, me. I have an irrational fear of making the wrong choice. ” He shook his head and added, “I’m working on it.”

Today I’ll look inward to see if some of the problem isn’t me.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment