Wednesday, September 2, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers

Bonus

Randy, my new boss, called to ask if I liked ferrets.


I paused for a moment thinking of other questions that would have been equally off-the-wall. Where were you on the night of the 23rd? Ever been Spain? What’s your blood type?


“I love ferrets,” I answered cautiously. “Why?”


“There’s one living in the building.”


Life, I thought, often hits us with nasty surprises. It’s going to rain all weekend.  Test results.  Your daughter introduces you to the new boyfriend, and you wonder where he buried his parents’ bodies.


The best we can do is savor Life’s little bonuses.  An extra chicken nugget. Your team wins in overtime, on a buzzer beater, shot over the trash-talking, dirty, not as good as he thinks he is, jackass. Free samples at Costco.  A new job that includes unlimited coffee and a ferret.


 

Today I’ll be grateful for pleasant surprises.

 


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment