Tuesday, September 22, 2020


 FAWLTY SHOWERS


Survivors

An hour later the cat wandered in. “What’s the cat’s name?” I shouted to Katy.


“Cuddles,” she shouted back. “And this is 2025. Intercom systems have been around for at least 100 years. Use ours.”


Cuddles sat on the overturned laptop box staring at me. A piece of his right ear was missing. The tip of his tail was bent. He walked with a slight limp. The crescent shaped scar over his left eye gave him a perpetually angry look.


He let me scratch behind his ears. “All you’ve been through,” I said, “And you still purr. You are a survivor.”


I thought of all the people I’d met over the years who’d quietly overcome all life could throw at them. I was sorry for their suffering, but grateful for their example.


Today I’ll be grateful for the example set by the survivors.


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:


·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment