Thursday, September 17, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


Like II

I set up my laptop, opening it with the password Katie had given me: GrayGuy65.


A woman in her early forties carrying a box of donuts walked into my office.


“Hi, I’m Dana,” she said, setting the box on my desk for me to pick one. She stared at the picture of my wife. “She’s very pretty. Why’d she marry you? ” We’d just met and Dana was insulting me already. I took an instant liking to her.


“Is completing this internship part of a parole agreement?” I asked.


“We’re not going to get along, are we?” she answered, laughing.


“I don’t think so,” I said, certain we would.


Today I’ll be grateful for all the people I do like.

 

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment