Monday, September 21, 2020


 FAWLTY SHOWERS

Joy Shared

Katie wandered into my office carrying a box of chocolates and a card. The card said ‘Congratulations on Your New Job!’ on the outside.

Inside my son’s girlfriend CharChar had written, ‘Congrats! I don’t blame you for all of Brat Boy’s faults.’ She’d added three hearts. 

My son Brat Boy had written, “You owe me $250 for the chocolates, $150 for delivery, and $100 for keeping Blondie and TyGuy from eating them.”

Next to a row of 15 hearts, my daughter Blondie had written ‘More hearts, more love.’ An arrow pointed to the three hearts under CharChar’s signature.

Her boyfriend TyGuy claimed the chocolates were his idea, and he’d only let the other three sign the card because he thought I’d be sad if I knew he was the only one who truly cared about me.

I laughed out loud. I had some misgivings about the new job, but they’d doubled the joy I felt about the possibilities.

Today I’ll remember joy shared is doubled.

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment