Tuesday, September 15, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers


Laptops

Katie showed me to my office. It had a working door.  The walls had been freshly painted, and a laptop still in the box sat on my desk.

 

Katie looked at the laptop and made a face like she’d stepped in something.


“You don’t approve of laptops?” I asked.


“Work is work and home is home,” Katie said. “Even if you’re working from home, you shouldn’t mix the two. Laptops make it too easy to work when you should be relaxing.”


She had a point. I had a bad habit of watching TV with my laptop open, not getting much done, and not really following a movie.


“You’re absolutely right,” I said. “Tonight I will turn off my computer and just relax.”


Today I’ll make some time to do nothing but relax.

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment