Tuesday, September 8, 2020


 Fawlty Showers

Alpacas and Quiet Time

The reception had been loud. Apparently the DJ had gotten new speakers and wanted to see if they really could make the room vibrate.

Because of the virus, the tables had been far apart and half full. Carrying on any conversation had required yelling.  More than once I had nodded my head in agreement without any idea what had been said.

“Alpacas are not to be trusted,” I had yelled, thinking others were doing the same.  The woman across the table had smiled and nodded in agreement.  “I like to shave animals at the petting zoo,” I added. Another nod and big smile from her – she hadn’t heard anything I’d said.   Dr. Deb had elbowed me in the ribs.

When we got in the car I reached for the radio button. “Don’t,” Dr. Deb said. “Let’s just enjoy the quiet.” As we drove home, I realized how soothing a little quite time could be.

 

Today I will find some quiet time.

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment