Friday, September 11, 2020

 Fawlty Showers


Certainly Uncertain

“What was that all about?” Dr. Deb asked after I hung up the phone.


“My new boss wants to paint a bus to look like a wagon train, circle the city rounding up addicted folks, and drive them to the desert.”


“He must have been joking,” Dr. Deb said.


“He must have been drinking.”


““What will you do?”


What would I do? Suddenly I was uncertain.  I’d already been replaced at my old job. I could run him over in the parking lot, swear the ferret ran in front of me and I swerved to avoid it. I put that idea on the shelf for later consideration.


“Face the uncertainty with a clear head. Not drink. Not let fear cloud my judgment. Take stock. Look at my options.”


 

Today I will face uncertainty with a clear mind.

 


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment