Monday, September 28, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers

Dancing Ferrets 

I wasn’t sure how to bring it up, so I just asked. “Hey Katy, Randy called me late last night to suggest we round up people in a van and drive them to the desert to detox.”

“Oh no,” Katy said.

“And, well, I was wondering if our boss drinks, or maybe does a little coke.”

“No, but he hates to sleep. His twin died in his sleep. When he’s been awake too long, Randy has to share his crazy ideas.”

“How crazy?” I asked.

“I had to talk him out of buying three more ferrets, and teaching them to dance.  You’ve heard of the Radio City Musical Hall Rockettes? He was going to call his dancing critters the ‘Ferrettes.’”

I was immediately grateful I could sleep, and sorry I had been quick to judge Randy.

Today I’ll be a little slower to judge other people.

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment