Monday, September 14, 2020


 FAWLTY SHOWERS

 

Good and Selfish

I started my new job on a Monday.   


“Welcome to Fawlty Showers,” the receptionist, said as I walked into the converted firehouse.  “I’m Katie.”


“Thanks,” I said. “Faulty showers?”


“The showers don’t always work, they’re faulty.  I love the old British comedies, especially Fawlty Towers.”


As I looked around, my heart sank. Paint cans were stacked in one corner. Offices were missing doors. A scrawny cat sitting on a pile of drywall stared at me.


Katie read my expression and said, “We can do a lot of good here. Give it a chance.”


I’d been told in AA to do unselfish things for selfish reasons. “Never pass up the chance to do some good,” I’d been told.  “It will do you some good, and help you stay sober.”


Today I won’t pass up the chance to do some good.


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment