Friday, September 25, 2020

 

Fawlty Showers 


Lasting Impressions Made One Day At A Time

I used the intercom to ask Katy if the ferret had a name.


“Moondoggy Alpha,” Katy said, “but he prefers to be called M.A.”


“How’d he get here?” I asked.


Katy made a sound equal parts disgust and anger. “The previous building owner left M.A. behind, along with the lasting impression of a selfish little boy in a man’s body, all ego and no work ethic.”


I started to say something, but Katy wasn’t finished.


“People talk about what they’ll leave behind when they die. You leave behind something every day. Maybe just an impression, maybe a little inspiration, maybe some scorn.”


“Not sure I know what you mean,” I said.


“So, I’ve heard you’ve been sober a long time. Each new day I’ll be just a tiny fraction happier for you, and teeny bit more sure people can turn their lives around. That’s the impression you’ll leave today.”


Today I’ll be conscious of what I leave behind.

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment