Thursday, September 24, 2020


 Fawlty Showers


Looking Out

I picked up the Gummi bear.  The ferret smiled again. “I really am losing my mind,” I said. “Ferrets don’t smile.”


Cuddles the cat got up and walked to the door. He looked both ways down the hall, and then turned and looked at the ferret. Did he nod? They left together.


“Did Cuddles really check to see if the coast was clear for the ferret?” I asked my new laptop.
“It can’t be, but it looks like the cat looks out for the ferret.”


Setting aside the idea I might be losing my mind, I mentally listed all the people looking out for me: friends and family, my doctor, my dentist, neighbors, first responders, etc. 


I thought about all the people who’d helped me get sober, who I could still call upon if I should struggle with my recovery.


“I’m grateful to you all,” I said.


Today I’ll be grateful for all the people looking out for my well-being.

 


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment