Wednesday, September 16, 2020


 FAWLTY SHOWERS


Like

After Katie went back to her desk, a tall young blonde woman walked into my office.  The cat followed her, purring. She reminded me of my daughter, and I thought, ‘I’m going to like her.’


I was wrong.


Her name was Abigail, please don’t call her Abby. She asked that I not park in her space or leave a mess in the kitchen. Her lunch and condiments always had her name on them. I was not to touch them. The list of ‘nots’ and ‘don’ts’ went on.


“And we’ll get along fine,” she added.


Over the years, I’d seen too many people leave AA, churches, or organizations because of someone they didn’t like.  I’d finally learned to accept I wasn’t going to like everyone, and not let one person drive me away.


I smiled, said, “I’m sure we will,” absolutely certain we wouldn’t.


Today I will accept I’m not going to like everyone.


Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment